Tuesday, May 12, 2026

It's done!

I finished the quilt that I plan on delivering on Friday night.



 Every fabric is pink - even the background that looks white and every fabric was from my stash. 
The backing is something I've never tried but I wanted to do something simple that would use up more of the pink and it worked - I used up several pieces. 
I also attached the label before quilting by stitching it down on one of the middle blocks. My thinking was that I wanted to break up the two identical blocks that ended up one over the other. If you zoom in on the second photo you should be able to see it.
  It's a little more wrinkled than I like but I didn't want to over-quilt it and it needed to be washed and dried before I presented it. If it bothers me too much on Friday, I'll give it a quick press before I package it up.
That's it for right now...Two quilts finished in the last week...something I haven't been able to say in awhile.
Next up is making four placemats and possibly mug rugs to match for a wedding at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much to report

I still have Uncle Sam to finish before I can move on to the next block but I got so frustrated that I needed longer to calm down before try...