Sunday, August 5, 2018

Sunday night

Ok, it was slow going today, but I got the top done... had to correct a couple of blocks... here's one... an OOPS that I couldn't leave like that.  It's still not a 'perfect' block and remains different from the other 11 blocks, but I don't think it will be noticeable once the quilting is done.  It's the way the white rectangle blocks are positioned; to correct it, I would have had to take the block almost completely apart and I just didn't feel like doing that - with the way things were going today, I might have messed up again.
I think this is the layout I ended up being satisfied with... really hard to tell in black & white, but I think the lights and darks are pretty evenly distributed.
Ok, here it is... with sashing and border... top done and can be added to the 'waiting to be quilted' pile.  I really don't know what I want to use for backing & binding... not even sure how I want to quilt it -I'm thinking maybe 4 interlocking circles for the white centers. Beyond that, I have no idea.

Tomorrow is the start of the Save the Bees quilt a long ( I thought it was today and kept checking my email ).

Ok, I'm going back into my sewing room ( oh yeah, my needle threader broke off my machine today grrrr) and do a bit of cleaning up so that I will hopefully be ready to work on my RSC foxes before starting on the Save the Bees.  Then, I'm going to bed... my body has been screaming for a nap all afternoon!
  Oh!  and I have another empty bin... just didn't take a photo.


take care...
ttyl...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not much to report

I still have Uncle Sam to finish before I can move on to the next block but I got so frustrated that I needed longer to calm down before try...